Thursday, October 16, 2008

It’s an exciting time for me right now. Hockey season is here! For those that know me know hockey is my life. And a good life it is so far as the Copper and Blue are 2-0.

I was reading the Edmonton Journal last week. I love the “Plays of the Week” that Cam Hutchinson does. Here are some of the funniest ones he posted, and one that was told to me by my friend.

-As told by the lovely Nyki Scheuerman: it’s funny how Craig MacTavish was the last player to wear a helmet in the league, but on the team bike ride in Jasper, he was the only one wearing a helmet.

-Derek Wilken, on the Edmonton Oilers’ youthful roster: “They were in Jasper for a bonding retreat and spent the time riding bikes, hiking and looking for a bar that wouldn’t ask for IDs.”

-A question for Health Canada: “The Stanley Cup was recently on tour in my town, and I kissed it. Do I have to worry about being infected by listeria? Answer from Health Canada: “You are safe. The Stanley Cup has not been in contact with any Maple Leaf product in over 40 years.”

-Columbus Blue Jackets goaltending coach Clint Malarchuk (former NHLer who in 1989 almost died after his jugular vein was sliced by a players skate) is recovering after inadvertently shooting himself in the chin with a .22 calibre rifle while hunting rabbits this week in Nevada. Comedy writer Bill Littlejohn says the accident happened after Malarchuk “was startled when one rabbit asked him, ‘What’s up, Doc?’”

-Janice Hough:” Barack Obama is moving out to a solid lead in recent polls. In fact, many pundits say the only way he can lose is if he puts on a Chicago Cubs jersey.”

Until next time…

No comments: